By now I think you all know that I am a sucker for a good one-pan meal. But if it also cooks in the oven, I consider that a double win (hello less cooking time!). That is why I am so excited about this new recipe! This Salsa Chicken Bake is healthy, contains a whole lot of veggies, but tastes amazing! Even the pickiest of eaters in your family will love it! It is a wonderful one-pan meal that all bakes in the oven in about 30 minutes!
Start out by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F and making sure the baking rack is in the middle of the oven. Then trim and cut up your chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Place these pieces in a glass baking dish in an even layer.
Sprinkle your garlic, cumin, salt and pepper across the chicken. Then grab your fresh salsa and spread that out on top of the chicken in an even layer.
Finish up by sprinkling on your mexican cheese and the prep work is complete! Simply bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Either serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Low Carb – try serving this over cauliflower rice or simply with a side salad to keep it low carb
- Other Sides – serve over mexican rice, plain rice, or even in tortillas for a delicious mexican meal!
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 11.3
- Saturated fat: 4.8
- Carbohydrates: 15.6
- Sugar: 0.4
- Sodium: 672
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 42.3
- Cholesterol: 93
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12oz fresh salsa
- 1.75 cups of reduced fat mexican shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Trim and cut your chicken into even, bite-sized pieces. Place them in a glass baking dish in an even layer
- Sprinkle your seasonings (garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper) over top your chicken
- Add the fresh salsa and spread it evenly on top of the chicken
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the chicken
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees