Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
This is one of those meals that I’ve been making for so long that I just assumed it was on my blog. And then one day I actually searched for it and was amazed that I didn’t find it. So basically, this is long overdue and I apologize. This turkey taco pasta recipe is so quick to whip together, so flavorful, and extremely filling while still being under 500 calories per serving. I don’t think it gets much better than that!
Start out by cooking your pasta according to package directions. I personally love using chickpea pasta to make it even healthier, however regular pasta works just as good.
While your pasta is cooking, brown the ground turkey in a pan breaking apart any large pieces that form. Once it’s no longer pink, add the taco seasoning and 3/4c water to the ground turkey and stir. Boil for about 5 minutes.
Then add in the frozen peas and salsa and stir until it’s well combined. At this point your pasta should be done cooking. Drain it and add it to the pan with the turkey mixture. Stir well to combine and then let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Top with cheese and enjoy!
- Serves: 5 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 477
- Fat: 13.7
- Saturated fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 57
- Sugar: 4.4
- Sodium: 860
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 39.4
- Cholesterol: 97
- 1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 12oz chickpea pasta
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1.5c frozen peas
- ½ low fat mexican cheese
- ¾ cup water
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta is cooking, spray a large pan with nonstick cooking spray and cook the ground turkey, breaking it into small pieces
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add the taco seasoning and ¾c water to the ground turkey and stir. Boil for about 5 minutes. Then add the frozen peas and salsa and stir.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan of cooked turkey. Stir well to combine. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes
- Top with cheese and enjoy!