It’s always important to keep a list of quick, healthy meals on hand for when life gets busy. Well you can add this Crockpot Ground Turkey Enchilada Casserole to that list! Simply cook up the ground turkey and then dump everything into the crockpot! It doesn’t get much easier than that! Plus this meal is low carb, and packed full of protein and fiber. Which means it will keep you full for hours without all of the calories. Double win!
Start out by heating the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Then add the ground turkey and diced onion. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Make sure to break the turkey apart while it cooks. Once it’s fully cooked, add the turkey and onions into the bottom of your crockpot. I used a 7 quart crockpot I got on Amazon HERE.
Then simply dumb in the rest of your ingredients and mix thoroughly. Put the lid on the Crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours. Top with cheese before serving. This recipe also lasts up to 5 days in the fridge if you will be using it for meal prep.
- Not following a low carb diet? Serve over rice or quinoa.
- This recipe can also be made on the stove in a large pan with sides. Simply cook up the turkey and onions first, and then add the rest of the ingredients and let it cook with a lid on it until the corn is fully cooked.
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 15.6
- Saturated fat: 5.3
- Carbohydrates: 24.8
- Sugar: 5.1
- Sodium: 619
- Fiber: 4.9
- Protein: 31.6
- Cholesterol: 12.5
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 32oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 10oz red enchilada sauce (mild or medium)
- 15oz can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5oz can Hunt's diced tomatoes (I used the Sweet Onion flavor)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Mexican Taco shredded cheese
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the ground turkey and diced onion and cook until the turkey is no longer pink (~10 minutes). Add the cooked turkey and onion into the bottom of the Crockpot
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the Crockpot and mix thoroughly
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours
- Top with shredded cheese before serving