If you love sweet potatoes and you love turkey burgers, why not combine them into one amazing burger?!
I’m really proud of this recipe. I literally just went for it and threw some ingredients together. And the result was amazing!
Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers
- 20oz lean ground turkey (I prefer 93% lean)
- 1 medium sweet potato (~300g)
- seasonings: onion powder, sea salt, cumin
- peel, chop, and boil the sweet potato. Once soft, mash it up with a fork
- combine the raw ground turkey, mashed sweet potato, and seasonings in a large bowl. I found it easier to mix it all together with my hands
- portion it out into 5 large patties
- grill it on a non stick pan on the stove until center is no longer pink
MACROS (for 1 burger): 224 calories, 8.1g of fat, 12.4g of carbs, and 22.2g of protein