Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
If you love sweet potatoes and you love turkey burgers, why not combine them into one amazing burger?! It might sound complicated but I promise this delicious burger combination is super easy to throw together!
Start out by peeling and chopping your sweet potato. Then place it in water and bring to a boil. Boil until soft and then remove from the water. Using a fork smash the sweet potato pieces until there aren’t any large chunks.
Grab a large bowl and combine the mashed sweet potato, raw ground turkey and seasonings. Mix well with your hands. Then portion out into 5 evenly sized patties. I personally love using my burger press that I got off Amazon HERE, but you can also just roll them into a ball and flatten them with your hands.
Now it’s time to either cook the patties on a grill or on a stovetop until no longer pink. About 6-7 minutes per side, or until the center reaches 165 degrees F.
Either serve the burgers immediately or store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. Need the perfect side dish to make this a deliciously balanced meal? Try serving them along side my sauteed green bean recipe!
- Serves: 5 Burgers
- Serving size: 1 burger
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 8.1
- Carbohydrates: 12.4
- Protein: 22.2
- 20oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet potato (~300g)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel, chop, and boil the sweet potato. Once soft, mash it up with a fork
- Combine the raw ground turkey, mashed sweet potato, and seasonings in a large bowl. Mix it well using your hands
- Portion it out into 5 large patties and flatten
- Grill it on a non stick pan on the stove until center is no longer pink. About 6-7 minutes per side, or until it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees