Have you ever made quinoa in the attempts to be healthy and were instantly disappointed with a bland dish? Yeah, me too.
So I was on a mission to create the most delicious quinoa recipe, that was also still simple and healthy. I wanted to make it so good, that it could stand alone as a side dish and not need to be mixed into another dish. After some research, and countless attempts and failures, I think I figured it out. And I can’t wait to share it with you all!
Simple Quinoa Side Dish
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp butter/coconut oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- dash salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a large pan with sides, melt the butter/coconut oil over medium heat. Add the quinoa and toast for about 5 minutes (until lightly brown).
- Stir in the broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes (until all liquid is absorbed).
- Spoon the quinoa into a bowl and mix it with the remaining ingredients before serving
Nutrition Information (per serving): 228 calories/6g fat/34g carbs/8g protein
I paired mine with some broccoli and chicken for a complete, balanced meal. But this quinoa is so good, that it can go with anything!