Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
Sometimes I just start throwing ingredients together and am amazed when it actually turns out delicious! This time I made chocolate peanut butter protein rice krispie treats!
WARNING: these bars are highly addictive! I could have eaten the entire pan in one sitting! I mean look at them
Protein Rice Krispie Treats
– 3 cups of a whole grain brown rice cereal (I used Erewhon)
– 1/3 c of honey
– 1/3 c of natural peanut butter
– 1 scoop of chocolate About Time whey protein
– optional: chocolate chips to melt and drizzle on top (I used Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate)
1) spray a 9×9 pan and spatula
2) measure out the cereal and pour in a large bowl. Then add the honey, peanut butter, and protein and thoroughly mix with the sprayed spatula. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit more peanut butter or honey
3) flatten into your sprayed pan and if you want to add chocolate, drizzle the melted chocolate on top
4) put into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set
MACROS for one bar without chocolate (makes 9): 142 calories/4.9g fat/20.5g carbs/5.5g protein