Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
I realize that trying to eat enough protein is hard enough, let alone it being so darn expensive. I always keep my eye out for sales on chicken, turkey, and beef. But sometimes it’s nice to make a meatless meal that’s still high in protein. This recipe is also perfect for any vegetarians out there who struggle to eat enough protein. My secret ingredient is chickpea pasta! It’s only ingredient is chickpeas, but it surprisingly tastes just like regular pasta! Even the pickiest of eaters will agree. You could probably even get away with not telling your kids (or husband) and they won’t even know the difference! This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and is very budget friendly. So here is my recipe for pesto chickpea pasta!
Start out by cooking the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, rinse and cut your grape tomatoes in half. Then grab a small pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Cook your cut grape tomatoes over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Once the pasta is done, drain it and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Add in the pesto and cooked tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before serving!
This deliciously healthy recipe can be on the table in under 20 minutes! This meal is also extremely budget friendly and comes in at about $2.50 per meal (and that’s if you had to buy every item on the ingredient list).
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 18
- Saturated fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 56
- Sugar: 5.4
- Sodium: 395
- Fiber: 13
- Protein: 22
- Cholesterol: 11
- 12oz uncooked chickpea pasta
- 100g pesto
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- 40g of 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta is cooking, rinse and cut your tomatoes in half
- Spray a small pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute your cut tomatoes for about 5 minutes over medium heat
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Add in the pesto and cooked tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before serving
- Either serve and enjoy immediately, or this will stay fresh in the fridge for 5 days.