Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
If you love pesto, then you are going to love this Pesto Chicken and Pasta recipe! It’s full of delicious pesto flavor yet packed with protein for a healthy filling meal. I love this recipe because it’s so easy to make and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand already.
Start out by cooking your chicken breast and shredding it. I did this in my Crockpot and cooked on high for 3 hours with a little bit of chicken broth. But this can also be done in the oven or in an Instant Pot.
Once the chicken is done, it’s time to start making everything else. Cook your pasta and green beans according to package directions. Once both are done place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the pesto and shredded chicken and mix together until evenly coated. Then serve topped with Mozzarella cheese.
- 10oz Barilla protein pasta⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 24oz boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked + shredded)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 6tbsp pesto⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 bag frozen steamable green beans⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the chicken breast in a Crockpot with a little bit of water or chicken broth for 3 hours on high and then shred (this can also be done in an Instant Pot or the oven)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Cook the green beans according to package directions
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked pasta, green beans, pesto and shredded chicken until evenly coated
- Top with shredded mozzarella and serve immediately.
- This stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days or can also be frozen for up to a month
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 469Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 80mgSodium 580mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 4gSugar 2.8gProtein 40g