Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
If you’re a pesto lover like I am, then this recipe is for you! This Pesto Chicken, Green Bean and Tomato skillet is naturally low in carbs, and full of healthy fats and nutrients. Plus it only uses 5 ingredients, and can be whipped up in under 30 minutes! So that’s a win in my book!
Start out by grabbing all of your ingredients and a cutting board. I always make sure to chop my veggies first, and then my chicken so that I don’t need to wash my cutting board. I’m all about saving time! So start out by washing and trimming your green beans and set aside. Then wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Then trim and dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
In a large pan with sides, heat 1 tbsp. of oil over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and cook until it reaches 165 degrees F, or the center is no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside in a large bowl. In the same pan, add the other 1 tbsp. of oil and the green beans. Quickly stir to coat, and then cook until tender crisp. Once the green beans are almost cooked, add in the tomatoes and mix. Continue to cook until the green beans are done.
Remove the green beans and tomatoes from the pan and add them to the bowl with the cooked chicken. Add the pesto and thoroughly mix until everything is well combined. Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 5 days. I’ve eaten this dish by itself to keep it low carb, but I’ve also served it with quinoa or brown rice. Feel free to get creative!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 19
- Saturated fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 11.7
- Sugar: 5.6
- Sodium: 433
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 26.4
- Cholesterol: 45
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 340g fresh green beans
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4.25 oz pesto
- Wash and trim the green beans, and set aside
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and set aside
- Trim and cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces
- In a large pan with sides, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until the center is no longer pink. Remove from the pan and put into a large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan, add the other 1 tbsp. of oil and then add the green beans. Quickly stir to coat. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are almost done. Then add the tomatoes and let everything cook together for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the green beans and tomatoes from the pan and add to the bowl with the cooked chicken. Add in the pesto and thoroughly mix until everything is covered in pesto
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge up to 5 days