Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold day. And it makes me even happier when the soup is homemade and full of healthy ingredients! And bonus points if it keeps me full for hours! My paleo turkey and vegetable soup hits all of these points and more! It is made with simple ingredients and can be on the table in under an hour! Plus everything cooks up in the same pot, which means less dishes! And each bowl is packed with 25g of protein to keep you full for a while. Double win!
Start out by peeling and chopping your potatoes and onion. Then chop up your celery and set everything aside.
Grab a medium sized pot and put it on the stove. Add your olive oil and heat over medium heat. Then add in the ground turkey, onion, and celery. Cook over medium heat until the turkey is fully cooked, making sure to break into small pieces as you stir.
Then add in the frozen vegetables, potatoes, pasta sauce, chicken broth, and all of the seasonings. Stir well until the chicken broth and pasta sauce are well combined. Then simmer on medium-low heat with a lid on the pot for 30-45 minutes. You’ll know it’s done cooking when you can easily pierce a potato with a fork. Taste the broth and then adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 5 days.
- 16oz of 93 percent lean ground turkey
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 24oz of your favorite marinara sauce [check the label if you need it to be paleo]
- 16oz of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 16oz frozen mixed vegetables [carrots, corn, peas, and green beans]
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium/large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the ground turkey, celery, and onion. Cook until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add in the frozen vegetables, potatoes, pasta sauce, chicken broth, and seasonings. Stir well until the pasta sauce and chicken broth are well combined
- Simmer on medium-low heat with a lid for about 30-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Taste the broth and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
Serving Size2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 15.6gSaturated Fat 5.4gCholesterol 30mgSodium 669mgCarbohydrates 39.6gFiber 3.5gSugar 5.6gProtein 25.5g