During the week I tend to stick to simple breakfasts, with almost no cooking. Therefore on the weekends, when I have more time to cook, I like to get more creative! That is where this egg and turkey sausage frittata comes into play! This recipe is paleo friendly, but easily customizable to any diet preference or palate! I just threw in what I had on hand, but feel free to add in whatever you like.
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Grab a small ramekin dish, or any oven safe dish, and spray it with olive oil spray. Add in your chopping onion and turkey sausage to the bottom. In a separate small bowl, add in your eggs, milk, and seasonings. Whip together with a fork until well combined. Pour the egg mixture into your ramekin dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through.
I just used the ingredients that I had on hand, but you can get creative and add anything that you like. Try adding in other fresh veggies like peppers, spinach, broccoli, etc. You can also use ham, chicken sausage, or bacon instead of the turkey sausage. And if you’re not following a paleo diet, you can even add in your favorite cheese! The possibilities are endless!
- Serves: 1 serving
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 482
- Protein: 20
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 turkey sausage links, cooked & chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray an oven safe dish with olive oil spray
- Add the onion and cooked turkey sausage to the bottom of the dish
- In a separate bowl, add the egg whites, whole egg, and seasonings. Whisk together with a fork until well combined
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked