Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
Some days I don’t mind spending an hour cooking dinner. But other days I want something with minimal prep time that I can just throw in the oven and forget about. This BBQ pineapple pizza is a recipe for those days. It is so quick and easy to throw together, that I can see this becoming a staple in my house. Plus it is so versatile and can be paired with veggies, a big salad, or even a whole grain side dish.
Start out by trimming and chopping your chicken into 1″ chunks. Then grab your baking dish and coat it evenly with spray. Place your chicken in the dish and season lightly with salt and pepper. Then cover the chicken with 1/2 of the bbq sauce. I then used a brush to coat the chicken evenly. Then top it off with the drained pineapple and the rest of the bbq sauce. I used the same brush to spread the bbq sauce evenly on top.
Now this next step is optional, so if you’re pressed for time feel free to skip it. I then covered the dish with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes. During this time I meal prepped some other foods for the week. This allows the chicken to marinade in the flavors a bit, but it’s completely optional.
Once you’re ready to bake make sure your oven is preheated to 400 degrees F. Remove the plastic wrap (if you let it marinade) and drizzle the olive oil on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Serve immediately or store up for 5 days in the fridge.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 4.9
- Saturated fat: 0.9
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Sugar: 24.6
- Sodium: 463
- Fiber: 0.9
- Protein: 29.6
- Cholesterol: 81.2
- 20oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 20oz can of pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ cup honey bbq sauce
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Trim and cut your chicken into 1" chunks
- Spray a baking dish and place the diced chicken inside. Top with ½ of the bbq sauce and use a brush to spread evenly
- Add the drained pineapple chunks and the rest of the bbq sauce. Use the brush to spread the bbq sauce again
- OPTIONAL: cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 45-60 minutes.
- Once you're ready to bake, make sure the oven is preheated to 400 degrees F. Remove the plastic wrap, and drizzle the olive oil on top
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken reached 165 degrees F