Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
This recipe is actually something that my mom created a few years ago. I’m pretty sure she just started throwing different things into a pan and we eventually ended up with a deliciously easy, one pan meal! I love one-pan meals because it’s less work to cook and easier to clean (double win!). This low carb ground turkey skillet is going to be your new go-to meal when you need some healthy in a pinch. I always keep the ingredients on hand!
Grab your large pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Add the ground turkey and garlic and cook until it’s no longer pink.
Dump in the rinsed black beans, diced tomatoes, frozen peas and mix together. Add the Cajun seasoning and thoroughly mix.
Put a lid on the pan and allow everything to cook together for about 15 minutes (or until the peas are done). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you aren’t following a low carb diet, try adding in some cooked rice to add more volume to the recipe
- Not a fan of peas? Add in any frozen veggie you liked! I’ve added green beans and broccoli and both were delicious!
- Get creative with your seasonings. I’ve run out of Cajun seasoning before and have used so many others. You can try using creole, taco seasoning, or even create your own by combining a few of your favorite spices
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 36.7
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 667
- Fiber: 13.7
- Protein: 37.1
- 16oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 14.5oz can Hunt's diced tomatoes
- 15oz can low sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 bag (14oz) frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grab your large pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Add the ground turkey and garlic and cook on medium/high heat until the turkey is no longer pink.
- In the same pan with the turkey, add in the rinsed black beans, diced tomatoes, frozen peas and mix together. Add the Cajun seasoning and thoroughly mix.
- Put a lid on the pan, lower the heat to medium/low and allow everything to cook together for about 15 minutes (or until the peas are done).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.