By now I think you all know that I love simple meals. I love to cook, but I don’t like to make it more complicated then it needs to be. If a recipe calls for too many fancy ingredients and has an excessive amount of steps involved, I will usually skip right over it. So this Italian chicken, green beans, and potato one pan meal is the perfect recipe for all of you simple cooks like me! It involves just 4 ingredients (unless you count salt and pepper, but who does anyway?) and it all cooks up in one pan in the oven. So there’s minimal cooking involved (yay!). Okay so let’s get down to it…
Start out by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then you can get going by trimming your green beans. I used fresh green beans from my grandmother’s farm, but any store bought kind will work. I have not tried this with frozen green beans, but as long as you thaw them first it should work fine. You can even buy pre-cut green beans to save yourself this step!
Once the green beans are trimmed you can wash, peel, and dice your potatoes. I used the same cutting board from the green beans. Cut them in to evenly sized, one inch cubes so that they can cook evenly.
Still using the same cutting board (can you tell I like minimal dishes??), trim and cut your chicken into one inch cubes.
Grab two glass baking dishes (I used 9×13 dishes) and put your potatoes in one, and then your chicken and green beans in the other. There will be some overlap, but try to keep it to a minimum to ensure everything cooks evenly. Pour the Italian dressing over both dishes.
Cover the dishes with tin foil and bake for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is cook through. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. I’ve also made this dish and added fresh parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes and it was amazing!
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 5.9
- Saturated fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 23.2
- Sugar: 3.3
- Sodium: 642
- Fiber: 2.6
- Protein: 26.2
- Cholesterol: 67.7
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 500g fresh green beans
- 3 medium potatoes
- 8oz Wishbone light Italian dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash and trim your green beans, and set aside
- Wash, peel, and chop your potatoes into 1-inch cubes
- Trim and dice your chicken into 1-inch pieces
- Set out two, 9x13 glass baking dishes. Put the potatoes in one, and then the chicken and green beans in the other. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper. Then pour the Italian dressing on top.
- Cover the dishes with tin foil and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and the chicken is cooked through