Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
I have to admit, when I first got my Instant Pot, I was a little intimidated by it. I’m so used to just being able to throw ingredients together in a pan and hope it turns out okay. But with an instant pot, there is almost a science to it. My very first time cooking with it I had the “burn” message pot up on the screen, and it’s safe to say that freaked me out. However after more practice I can finally say that I really love my instant pot! It can help you make some really delicious meals in no time! For example this Instant Pot Turkey Chili was ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
Start out by adding the tablespoon of vegetable oil to the instant pot. Then turn the Instant Pot to the “saute” setting. Once the oil is simmering, add in the minced garlic, chopped onion and ground turkey. Cook the turkey until it’s brown and the onions are translucent. Then turn the Instant Pot off.
Add in the rest of the ingredients (minus the diced tomatoes and tomato paste) and stir. Then add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste on top. Close the lid and set it to high pressure for 10 minutes.
While it cooks I like to use that time to clean up. This way there’s less mess to clean up at the end! After the Instant Pot goes off, let it naturally release the steam for about 10 minutes, and then you can do a quick release.
Either serve the chili immediately or it can be stored in the fridge up to 5 days.
- 21oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 28oz diced tomatoes
- 15.5oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Start out by adding the tablespoon of vegetable oil to the instant pot. Then turn the Instant Pot to the "saute" setting. Once the oil is simmering, add in the minced garlic, chopped onion and ground turkey. Cook the turkey until it's brown and the onions are translucent. Then turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the corn, kidney beans, black beans, corn, chicken broth, and seasonings and stir until well combined. Then add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste on top (do not mix)
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set it to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once it's done cooking let the steam naturally release for about 10 minutes and then you can do a quick release.
Amount Per Serving Calories 464 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 4.3g Cholesterol 85mg Sodium 384mg Carbohydrates 53.7g Fiber 14.6g Sugar 15g Protein 38.8g