Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
It’s fall, which means it’s officially crockpot season! I love my crockpot because it does all of the work for me. I guess that makes me a lazy cook, but I don’t care. It makes delicious meals with minimal prep time. I even love that a lot of crockpots have timers on them so can cook a meal while you’re away at work all day. I personally use this crockpot and love it. Anyway let’s talk about this turkey taco soup. This soup is high in protein from the turkey and beans, low in fat, and naturally high in fiber. And at only 338 calories per serving, it will keep you feeling full without any guilt!
Start out by cooking the ground turkey in a pan over medium heat. Once it’s cooked through add half of the packet of taco seasoning to it and mix. Then turn off the burner and let the turkey sit for a minute.
In the crockpot, add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Then add the ranch mix and the rest of the taco seasoning and mix it all together. Add the cooked turkey on top and mix once again.
Let it cook for 4-6 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low. Once cooked, you can top with cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, and more!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 8.2
- Saturated fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 34.6
- Sugar: 15.9
- Sodium: 1251
- Fiber: 6.9
- Protein: 27.7
- Cholesterol: 91.1
- 1lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15.25 oz) can of corn
- 2 (14.5 oz) can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with celery and onion
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of reduced sodium black beans
- 1 (1 oz) package of taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp. of dry ranch seasoning mix
- Cook the ground turkey in a pan over medium heat. Once cooked through add half of the packet of taco seasoning and mix together. Turn off the stove and let the turkey sit for a minute
- In the crockpot, add the chicken broth, corn, diced tomatoes, and black beans. Then add the ranch seasoning and the other half of the taco seasoning. Mix everything together.
- Add the cooked turkey into the crockpot and mix again. Cook for 4-6 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to 5 days.