I have a new found love for crockpots. It all started when I found an old one in my basement and immediately cleaned it up and started researching recipes. Since then I’ve invested in a much better (and safer!!) newer model. I now use a 7 quart Crockpot that is surprisingly cheap here on Amazon. Crockpot recipes are a staple in my house, simply because of how easy they are to make. I absolutely love being able to just throw in the ingredients and walk away. So I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite crockpot recipes! This is definitely a repeat recipe of mine, and everybody who has tried it loves it!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Raw chicken (mine was slightly frozen and it still came out great!)
- Salsa (make sure it has a good amount of liquid)
- Put the raw chicken in your crockpot and then poured salsa on top (I used about 2 cups of salsa for 35oz of chicken)
- Cook on high for 4 hours
- Turn off your crockpot and shred the chicken with a fork
- Put the lid back on for about 10-15 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the salsa liquid even more
- Serve immediately or seperate into Tupperware and store in the fridge for up to a week.
I served mine over some brown rice with veggies! I will definitely be making this again!