Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All thoughts & opinions remain my own.
I’ve always been hesitant to make homemade meatballs because I thought they were complicated and time consuming. So I decided to create a recipe that was so simple, that it could be whipped up in just minutes! These baked turkey meatballs are easy to make, but so full of flavor! Plus by using lean ground turkey, they are lower in fat than traditional meatballs.
Start out by preheating your oven to 500 degrees F and spraying a baking dish. Combine the bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes. In the meantime, measure out and combine the rest of the ingredients in a large baking dish. Add in the bread crumb mixture and thoroughly mix together using your hands.
Separate the mixture into 1-2 inch balls and place in the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they reach 165 degrees. Baking time will vary depending on the size of your meatballs. Serve these immediately over whole wheat pasta, lentil pasta (like I did!), spaghetti squash, or even zoodles for a complete, healthy meal!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 9
- Saturated fat: 2.6
- Carbohydrates: 8.2
- Sugar: 4.3
- Sodium: 366
- Fiber: 1.3
- Protein: 24.1
- Cholesterol: 117
- 32oz 93% lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup milk (I used skim)
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- ¼ cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and spray a baking dish
- Combine the bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, and bread crumb mixture and mix thoroughly using your hands
- Separate and roll into 1-2 inch balls and place in the baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they reach 165 degrees
- Top with marinara sauce and serve immediately, or store in the fridge up to 5 days