Pesto is one of my favorite things. If I’m out at a restaurant and they have something with pesto on it, I am most likely going to order it. I don’t know what it is about pesto, but I could eat it all the time!
I am going to share with you guys one of my favorite recipes! It is simple enough that it doesn’t take long to throw together. But it tastes like something you’d find at a fancy restaurant. That’s a win-win in my book!
This Baked Pesto Parmesan Chicken is delicious, and it only really requires 3 ingredients! Due to the size of the chicken breasts I had on hand, I cut mine into 2oz strips. However feel free to leave them whole, cut into larger strips, or even use chicken tenderloins. Please note that the bake time may vary based on the size of your chicken pieces.
Baked Pesto Parmesan Chicken
– 48oz of chicken breast cut into 2oz strips (you can also use chicken tenderloins)
– 5oz of pesto
– 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
– optional: salt & pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease/spray your baking tray.
2) Trim your chicken breasts and cut into strips. Place them in the greased tray so that they aren’t touching. OPTIONAL: lightly season each chicken breast with salt & pepper
4) top each chicken breast with pesto and then the shredded parmesan cheese
5) bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees
Since this recipe is naturally low in carbs (just 1 gram!), I decided to pair mine with brown rice and green beans. However feel free to get creative! If you prefer lower carb meals, try just pairing it a non-starchy vegetable for a filling but low carb meal. I divided mine into 12 meals and they lasted 5 days in the fridge.
Nutrition Info: 176 calories/6.7g fat/1g carbs/28g protein